Bude Canal Open to Local Anglers Only
BCAA waters are currently open to locally based season ticket holders and local day ticket anglers. The regulations have made it clear this is limited to your local fishery and anglers should abide by the Government national lockdown restrictions. Guidance encourages anglers to minimise travel outside of your local area. This means avoiding making unnecessary journeys, combining trips and avoiding travel at peak times where possible. People should avoid travelling further than is reasonably necessary to take part in, or during, their activity. Please follow this guidance and do not travel to BCAA waters if they are not local to where you live.
Members are reminded that the following restrictions are still in place and must be adhered to are -
- No umbrellas, bivvies’ or shelters of any description to be erected at any time on the Main Canal, for clarity the Main Canal is defined as being from the Sea Lock to A39 Road Bridge.
- Anglers to be within arms reach of their rods at all times.
- Anglers to carry their BCAA ID Card/ Day Ticket and EA Rod Licence with them when fishing.
- No Fishing within 15 metres of another angler.
- When fishing the Lower Basin or narrow sections of the canal please avoid placing your rod bag/keepnet bag, etc immediately behind you, place them to the side and maximise space for towpath users to pass.
Match Angling Re-Starts
We will resume the 21-22 season on the 25th April, with covid measures as before, the Fixture List has now been updated (see competitions tab above).
For details of how to renew please see ‘members update’ in notices oppposite.
The Association is currently closed for Full and Associate membership, there are still places available for Junior membership. Places may become available from June 2021 at the start of the new membership year.
Sunday 25th April - Pairs League – Draw Stock Pond Car Park 08:00 Fish 09:15 to 14:15