Tuesday, June 30th 2020
Under section 5h of the Rules and Regulations of BCAA, the Senior Offices of the Association continue to take action and an update is given below:
Angling to re- open on the full length of the Main Canal and Whalesborough Lake from 05:30 on Saturday 4th July (This includes opening to day ticket anglers)
With the further relaxation of the social distancing guidelines the Committee have secured an agreement with the Bude Harbour Master and Bude Ranger to re-open the Main Canal in its entirety on Saturday 4th July to members and day ticket holders under the following conditions:
- Anglers to carry their BCAA ID Card/ Day Ticket and EA Rod Licence with them when fishing.*
- Angling form sunrise to sunset only (no night fishing).
- No umbrellas, bivvies’ or shelters of any description to be erected at any time.
- No Fishing within 15 metres of another angler.
- Anglers to be within arms reach of their rods at all times.
- When fishing the Lower Basin or narrow sections of the canal please avoid placing your rod bag/keepnet bag, etc immediately behind you, place them to the side and maximise space for towpath users to pass.
*Please note BCAA Bailiffs and EA Bailiffs will be patrolling the banks. It is a criminal offence to fish without a licence (technically theft) and not having a valid rod licence carries a maximum fine of £2500.
2020-21 Membership Renewal
You have until 31st August to renew your membership which will run from 1st September 2020 to 31st May 2021. To reflect the foreshortened season the cost of renewing membership will be as follows:
Full Senior £20
Full Senior OaP £10
Full Associate £15
Full Associate OaP £10
You can pay via any of the following (NB: Steve our Membership Secretary, will not accept any personal payments direct to his door, please respect this)
- Cheque made payable to ‘Bude Canal AA’ and posted to:
Mr S Brown
3 Bede Haven Close
- By online bank transfer, or via Post Office Counters, or via TSB Bank counter Bude to the following account:
Account Name: Bude Canal Angling Association
Sort Code: 77 09 09
Account Number: 21197060
Reference: Your initial, Surname and ‘subs’ (i.e. JR Hartley subs)
Anyone not renewing by the 31st August will have to re-apply for membership.
NB Places will be offered to those waiting for membership and it is therefore unlikely there will be any places available for 2020-21 so please renew asap to avoid disappointment.
The Annual General Meeting remains deferred to a future date when government advice allows our members to gather safely to conduct business.
Thank you for following the advice of the Government and using common sense when angling under various restrictions. Whilst there were a few ‘incidents’ these were thankfully few, and this has made negotiations with our Landlords much easier and enabled the whole length of the canal to be re-opened at the first opportunity.