Tuesday, June 9th 2020
Under section 5h of the Rules and Regulations of BCAA, the Senior Offices of the Association continue to take action and an update is given below:
Angling to Partially Open on the Main Canal from 05:30 on Monday 15th June
With the relaxation of the social distancing guidelines the Committee have secured an agreement with the Bude Harbour Master and Bude Ranger to re-open the Main Canal on Monday 15th June from the Sea Lock to Peg 31 only, under the following conditions:
Angling Open to Members Only (No Day Tickets will be sold)
- Angling only from Pegs 1 to 31 and Falcon Bridge Lawn (please note angling is prohibited from the Brendon Car Park as we are still seeking the landowners permission to fish from their land)
- Angling form sunrise to sunset only (no night fishing).
- No umbrellas, bivvies’ or shelters of any description to be erected at any time.*
- No Fishing within 15 metres of another angler.
- Anglers to be within arms reach of their rods at all times.
- Keepnets and carp sacks may now be used.
- The above conditions will also take effect at Whalesborough Lake and Hele Bridge Pond from June 15th. *an umbrella only may be used at Whalesborough Lake or Hele Bridge Stock Pond.
Matches will recommence on Sunday 21st June, with the Monica Jones Cup. The Evening Pairs competitions have been cancelled.
A fully revised fixture list will be published on the web shortly, along with entry instructions and rule changes to maintain social distancing during competitions.
Please adhere to the above conditions as any future relaxation of restrictions will be dependent upon our collective behaviour.